Genetec Cloud Services – Service Level Agreement – Stratocast™
This document (the “SLA”) outlines the availability of Stratocast™ and the associated services (the “Cloud Service”) that Genetec Inc. (referred to as “Genetec”, “we”, “us” or “our”) makes available to its customers (either you as an individual, or the legal entity that you represent, or for the benefit of which you are agreeing to this SLA and have the full power and authority to bind contractually, as applicable; referred to as the “Subscriber”, “you”, “your” or “yours”) in accordance with our Subscriber Terms of Service (available at www.genetec.com/legal/cloudtos; below referred to as “Terms of Service”). The Cloud Service may be used by the Subscriber directly, or by its employees or other authorized users acting on its behalf (each a “User”). This SLA is subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the Terms of Service. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this SLA will have the meaning assigned to them in the Terms of Service. In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the terms of the Terms of Service and those of this SLA, the terms of the Terms of Service will prevail.
The monthly availability of the Cloud Service is 99.5%.
The availability of the Cloud Service is calculated as follows: (Total Time – Downtime) / Total Time x 100, where the “Total Time” represents the total number of minutes in a calendar month, and the “Downtime” corresponds the number of minutes in such month during which the Cloud Service was inaccessible to the Subscriber, as determined by Genetec. The foregoing calculation excludes performance availability issues that are generally outside of our reasonable control, or were caused directly or indirectly by the Subscriber, including, without limitation, the following occurrences:
- Any Downtime during a period for which no payment was received by Genetec as of the time of such Downtime. This includes Subscriber’s failure to pay for use of the Cloud Service by Subscriber, including but not limited to when subscriptions or prepaid balance run out.
- Subscriber’s use of any beta or trial Cloud Service;
- Subscriber’s failure to adhere to any required configurations, use supported platforms, follow any policies for acceptable use, or use of the Cloud Service in a manner inconsistent with the features and functionality of such Cloud Service;
- Factors outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to any force majeure events; failures, acts or omissions of our upstream providers or failures of the internet;
- Subscriber’s or third party hardware or software issues;
- Actions or inactions of Subscriber or third parties;
- Actions of third parties, including but not limited to security compromises, denial of service attacks and viruses;
- Subscriber’s use of the Cloud Service after Subscriber was advised to modify its use of the Cloud Service, if Subscriber did not modify its use as advised;
- Acts or omissions of Subscriber’s employees, agents, contractors, or vendors, or anyone gaining access to Cloud Service by means of passwords or equipment;
- Scheduled maintenance announced at least 24 hours in advance;
- Emergency maintenance periods (that may or may not be announced in advance) necessary to correct an important security vulnerability or other material and time sensitive issue;
- Subscriber’s violations of the Terms of Service;
- Law enforcement activity.
This SLA has been last updated on November 15, 2018. The latest version of the SLA may be found at www.genetec.com/legal/sla-stratocast.