A safe future for a growing industry
The legalization of cannabis for medicinal and recreational use has created new opportunities for progressive businesses. Cultivators and retailers are competing in a rapidly growing and evolving industry, and policymakers are rushing to keep up. To succeed, you need to stay ahead, maximize operational efficiency, protect customer data, and manage compliance.
Is your security team ready to grow?
Security challenges in the cannabis industry
Unified and centralized security
The cannabis industry is expanding fast as growers, distributors, and retailers are all looking to build and extend their businesses into new markets and territories. As the industry evolves and mergers and acquisitions occur, will your security systems be able to keep up? You need to be able to manage access control, video monitoring, and alarms across all of your locations in one unified global solution.
The complicated nature of the federal, provincial, and state regulations in the cannabis industry can make business difficult for cultivators and retailers. As the cannabis industry continues to grow, these stringent policies and rules will continue to evolve. You need a system that allows you to meet compliance regulations and to be ready for the next audit.
Cannabis use is still a sensitive issue for many people. So, protecting your customers’ data is key to maintaining their trust. Ensuring you are working with a solution provider that helps you protect your employees and assets while also taking the lead on cybersecurity can limit your exposure to hacks and help keep data private and confidential.
Our portfolio of cannabis security solutions
Security Center is the unified security platform from Genetec that effectively combines your cultivation facilities' and dispensaries’ IP-security systems in one platform. This gives you true seed-to-sale tracking on all of your products. You can also connect your video monitoring, access control, and automatic license plate recognition to maintain awareness of every aspect of your physical operation.
Learn more about Security Center.
Our portfolio of cannabis security solutions
The Security Center Omnicast™ video management system (VMS) ensures that your facility, product, and storage areas are always secure with constant video surveillance. Security Center Omnicast supports a wide range of VMS hardware manufacturers so that you have the freedom to choose what camera or hardware you use. You also have access to video archives to support compliance requirements.
Learn more about Omnicast.
The Security Center Synergis™ IP access control system provides full control over your access points and secured areas. Synergis unifies all of your access control hardware to empower you to easily see and respond to physical security threats or issues across all of your operations. Your team can work unimpeded, maintaining the flow of business while your system is always available with built-in failover and peer-to-peer communications.
Learn more about Synergis.
The Security Center AutoVu™ automatic license plate recognition automates license plate reading and identification. Extend your security network range to areas previously unprotected like your parking spaces, making it easier for your growing facility to monitor inflow and outflow of transportation vehicles, visitors, and employees.
Learn more about AutoVu.
Restricted security areas
Expand your security coverage throughout your perimeter and reduce the likelihood of false alarms. Make use of laser and radar technology to detect intrusions and set custom triggers for incidents that mean your team can respond faster, all within Security Center. Learn more about Security Center Restricted Area Surveillance.
Automate inventory management in Security Center with RFID while leveraging it to have greater oversight over your products as they move from seed-to-sale. With asset tracking, you can more efficiently maintain the integrity of your products and equipment right up to the point of sale.
Validate POS transactions more easily with Transaction Finder. Link video footage and visual analytics with potentially questionable transactions in your POS system to better understand what is happening on the floor in your dispensaries. Learn More about Security Center Transaction Finder.
Genetec Mission Control
Leverage Genetec Mission Control™ to help guide your employees toward operational efficiency and compliance. Ensure that your team is operating within the regulatory bounds by implementing a system that can walk employees through processes that are designed with compliance in mind. Learn more about Genetec Mission Control.
Speed up investigations or audits with Genetec Clearance™. Securely collect, manage, and share video evidence from your different growing sites or retail facilities with regulators and law enforcement when required. Learn more about Genetec Clearance.
Automate your security policies throughout multiple facilities with Genetec ClearID™. Centrally manage the access rights of visitors and employees to help maintain compliance and security. Learn more about Genetec ClearID.
Download a copy of our solutions for the cannabis industry
Supporting your team
Enjoys working with an open architecture platform to help with growth.
Codifies procedures to guide response teams and ensure compliance is maintained.
Enforces your security policies while improving the flow of people within your organization.
Loss Prevention Manager
Runs investigations and validates suspicious transaction much quicker.
How Security Managers benefit
- Empower operators with one unified pane of glass to better manage all of your security operations
- Achieve quick and successful compliance audits with unified reporting capabilities
- Enjoy quick resolution of security incidents and events by following automatically generated step-by-step incident management procedures
- Maintain full control and authority across all your growing or retail sites by centralizing your security system with Federation™
How Compliance Officers benefit
- Ensure only the right people have access to the right areas with a centralized identity and access management system
- Easily produce digital evidence for auditory purposes through organized incident and event logs
- Ensure employees follow protocols by building digital workflows and procedures
- Simplify your incident response process with visual insights displayed on a single dashboard
How Facilities Managers benefit
- Empower your team by gaining a better understanding about the movement of people, and plants within your facilities with custom reports and analyses catered to your needs
- Improve accountability by using smart keys that offer audit tracking without the expense of an online lock
- Establish site-specific policies with a universal platform that manages access right requests and ensures compliance
- Guide employee responses to keep them on track throughout your organization with digital standard operating procedures
How Loss Prevention Managers benefit
- Pinpoint suspicious activity occurring at the point-of-sale (POS) within your cannabis dispensary with embedded exception-based reporting (EBR) functionality
- Build cases and insightful reports by quickly matching your video with access data and transactions
- Understand trends in fraudulent or suspicious transactions by collecting data and flagging important events that warrant investigations
- Close cases faster by easily sharing digital evidence with law enforcement agencies
Does your existing security infrastructure enable you to expand your cannabis business?
With the cannabis industry growing at a fast pace and showing no signs of slowing down, your business is likely to expand in the future. Have you given thought to how this expansion will affect your security team?
Answer a few questions to assess how ready your security team is to deal with future expansion:
- Get your results immediately
- Receive an action plan to review with your team