Peace of mind at your fingertips
Genetec Stratocast™ makes video surveillance a breeze. It’s a cloud-based video monitoring system that lets you view live and recorded video from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone. The service is easy to install, requires minimal upkeep and helps secure your data so you know your business is safe, and your operations are running smoothly, wherever you are.
How it works
Easy installation and maintenance
Remove the pain of managing DVRs or recording servers. Get your system up and running by connecting your cameras to the cloud – no network configuration needed. And since updates are automatically deployed, there’s less to maintain, allowing you to enjoy instant access to the latest features.
Accessible from anywhere
Check in on your business from anywhere, at any time, 24/7. Take advantage of the latest camera technologies and capture clear, high-resolution video of events. With our 99.5% uptime guarantee, you can rest assured you’ll have access to your system when you need it.
All communications are encrypted from your camera to the cloud. And since the video is stored in the cloud, it’s safe against hardware defects, theft, and vandalism – making sure no one but you has access. Stratocast also undergoes annual security penetration testing and vulnerability assessments from 3rd party security consultants.
Who can benefit
Monitor remote locations from your headquarters.
Combine public and private cameras in a single system to protect your community.
Increase customer lifetime value with a service that complements your core offering.
Keep an eye on your business wherever you go with a simple, cost-effective solution.
- How do I purchase Stratocast?
- Where are the datacenters located?
- How do I become a Stratocast Certified Partner?
- What happens if my internet connection goes down?
- What cameras does Stratocast support?
- Can I save video clips to my computer?
- Will my video be kept private?
- How do you ensure my data will not be hacked or stolen?
- How does Genetec ensure I have continuous access to video?
- What is the Stratocast Service Level Agreement (SLA)?
- How do I purchase Stratocast? Please submit an online request, and we will connect you with the nearest Stratocast Certified Partner. Your local Stratocast Partner is available to help answer any purchase questions and will assist you with system installation.
- Where are the data centers located? Microsoft operates data centers distributed in major geographic regions around the world. These facilities ensure that Stratocast can be accessed from anywhere. For a current list of active data centers, please refer to azure.microsoft.com.
- How do I become a Stratocast Certified Partner? We are looking for tech-savvy partners with industry experience to join our team. If you are interested in becoming a Stratocast Certified Partner, please submit a request, and we will follow-up with you shortly.
- What happens if my internet connection goes down? In the event you lose connectivity, Stratocast will be unable to transmit live or recorded video to the cloud. However, using the Edge Recording functionality, video recorded locally on an SD card or NAS can be viewed, once the internet connection has been re-established.
- What cameras does Stratocast support? Stratocast supports a number of camera models, and we are frequently developing integrations with additional models. Please refer to our Supported Device List to see whether your camera models are supported.
- Can I save video clips to my computer? Yes. All recorded video can be exported and saved to your local computer.
- Will my video be kept private? Yes. The only circumstances under which Stratocast Partners and staff will view your live or recorded video are in the event of supporting configuration and troubleshooting requests, or if you have requested an alarm center to provide live monitoring services.
- How do you ensure my data will not be hacked or stolen? Stratocast undergoes annual Security Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessments to ensure your data and video is secure. All connections between you and Stratocast are protected using 256-bit SSL encryption, and password authentication is required to access any account, ensuring that only authorized users can access your system.
- How does Genetec ensure I have continuous access to video? Stratocast leverages the Microsoft Azure platform, which runs in geographically dispersed data centers that comply with key industry standards for security and reliability. Through built-in fault tolerance and redundancy measures, we can guarantee a minimum uptime of 99.5% of the time, to ensure you'll have access to your video.
- What is the Stratocast Service Level Agreement (SLA)? The Stratocast SLA warrants that the service will be available over the internet and will allow you to view, download, and configure Stratocast 99.5% of the time in any given month. Should we fail to meet this SLA, Stratocast Certified Partners are entitled to request a credit for the service interruption.