AgilFence Perimeter Intrusion Detection System (PIDS)AgilFence PIDS is a perimeter protection system built for infrastructures with the most stringent security demands. It is capable of achieving extremely low false alarm rates while offering high probability of detection and pin-point intrusion location.
The AgilFence PIDS uses discrete optical fibre sensors embedded in an optical fibre cable for highly accurate intrusion detection. It possesses the capabilities to “sense” and generate thousands of data points every second during disturbances to physical parameters, and is paired with ST Engineering's’ proprietary intelligent signal processing system that has the ability to adapt and adjust automatically to different physical environmental factors and weather elements. Its precise discrimination and analysis of events enable AgilFence PIDS to achieve an extremely low false alarm rate at all times without compromising high probability detection. The system is also flexible and can be easily integrated into existing ISMS and CCTV networks.
Market Applications1. Airport
Perimeter protection systems at airports are often affected by environmental and aircraft effects e.g. jet blast-induced false alarms. The AgilFence PIDS works with a highly intelligent signal processing algorithm that takes in real-time sensor inputs to adapt dynamically and automatically so that the false alarm rates are kept low.
2. Military Environment
Crucial perimeter security requirements in a highly secured environments include pin-point intrusion location and high probability of detection. AgilFence PIDS sensors are customised to the length and type of perimeter infrastructure, and sensor accuracy for pinpointing an intrusion location range is typically ± 3.6 m. This enables leveraging on PTZ cameras, which can be preset and auto-triggered to slew to the point of intrusion.
3. Gated Community
The system should be scalable to accommodate expansion plans in a gated community. The AgilFence PIDS system is a fully open, adaptable and scalable system architecture.
Features and benefits
- High probability of intrusion detection without compromising false alarm rate
- Immediate response action can be deployed with pin point location given during intrusion event
- Long system life with Designed-To-Last (DTL) principle to reduce overall maintenance cost
- Simple and compact design, easy to install and deploy
- High resilience to cable cut, system continuously works even with multiple cuts; each cut only affects part of one channel
- Maintains high system availability during repair; repair of cable cut disturbs only the affected channel.
- 95% detection rate for direct climbing, cutting, spreading and lifting of fence or fence fabric
- Pin-point accuracy of ± 3.6 m; Security forces can respond to the immediate location of the intrusion
- Intrinsically safe, immune to EMI / EMF and lightning strikes
- One-cable solution that can be deployed on different types of welded-mesh fences, palisade fences and walls
Note: Content provided by partner.
- North America
- Latin America and the Carribean
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa
- Critical Infrastructure
Innovation-driven and objective-led, AgilFence specialises in the security of critical infrastructures. Our ability to deliver unique and confident solutions have seen implementations at a global scale, and have transformed how organizations protect their key assets and installations.One of its most critically acclaimed solutions is the AgilFence Perimeter Intrusion Detection System (PIDS), a perimeter protection system built for infrastructures with the most stringent security demands. Paired with ST Engineering intelligent signal processing system that has the ability to adapt and adjust automatically to different physical environmental factors and weather elements, it is capable of achieving extremely low false alarm rates while offering high probability of detection and pin-point intrusion location.
From intrusion detection systems, security surveillance solutions to integrated alarm management systems – we have got you covered.