Smart data that improves safety, increases efficiency and keeps traffic flowing
With the deep integration of Bosch Video Analytics in Security Center and the integration of Traffic Sense we can offer state-of-the-art solutions for Intelligent Transportation Systems.
With Video Analytics, the IP camera becomes an intelligent sensor. Using video as a sensor, city traffic planning directors can continuously collect real-time data to analyze traffic flow and implement new policies that result in safer and more efficient roadways. Data examples include pedestrian, bicycle, and vehicle counts, average speed and direction, and road occupancy.
In busy cities, Video Analytics can also help monitor parking lot occupancy, curbside parking, and enforce no-parking zones. In lots, cameras can count open parking spots or track ingress and egress, and relay this data to the Genetec Security Center or Traffic Sense. Sharing this information and alternative parking locations on a dynamic message sign can help drivers find open parking faster and reduce traffic congestion and emissions.
As city streets and sidewalks become more congested, city planners face new safety challenges – distracted pedestrians, more bicyclists, and an increase in public transportation. Smart and semi-autonomous vehicles are also on the rise in cities and on highways. The challenge for traffic engineers and planners is complex. How do you choose the right technology to improve mobility, safety and efficient use of roadways now and into the future?
For decades, Bosch has developed Video Analytics technology for driver assistance and intelligent safety systems and, in the near future, full autonomous driving applications. This same image processing technology is inside Bosch IP cameras, bringing intelligence to infrastructure through traffic flow and smart parking solutions. Video Analytics built-in to the cameras enables intelligent devices that can alert to safety risks and deliver valuable data for highway and urban infrastructure planning.
Enhance safety in traffic applications
Improve safety by alerting traffic and transportation operations centers and drivers to risks on the road. Intelligent IP cameras deliver automatic incident detection for stopped vehicles, objects in the road, vehicles traveling the wrong way, and more. Early incident detection enables operators to implement the necessary workflows to resolve incidents faster. Integration with dynamic message signs and DSRC broadcast messages ensure drivers are instantly alerted to safety issues and improves situational awareness.
Detection of pedestrians in a crosswalk can alert the traffic controller to preempt traffic signals to increase safety for people in the intersection. And jaywalkers at night can trigger the IP camera to activate an onboard white light illuminator to make pedestrians more visible for drivers.
Features and benefits
- With built-in Video Analytics, processing is done at the edge – in the camera – with no central server required.
- Machine learning enables the cameras to be taught to recognize up to 16 user-defined object classifiers for analytics applications, such as separating and counting vehicles clustered in front of traffic lights. This improves detection accuracy to enable precise vehicle counts.
- Bosch offers a full line of fixed and moving, optical and thermal IP cameras that are ideal for intelligent transportation systems.
- All Bosch IP 7000-9000 series cameras feature built-in Intelligent Video Analytics as standard. This includes MIC IP cameras, a series of extremely rugged moving cameras that are perfectly suited for intelligent transportation systems.
Note: Content provided by partner.
- Direction of Movement
- Accident Detection
- Traffic Management
- Vehicle Behavior
- Vehicle Characteristics
- Vehicle Classification
- Vehicle Counting
- Vehicle Direction
- Vehicle Flow
- Vehicle Speed
- Wrong Way Detection
- Automatic PTZ Tracking
- North America
- Latin America and the Carribean
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa
- City-Wide Surveillance
- Parking Enforcement