Stadiums and Open Spaces
Ensuring a positive visitor experience and protecting tens of thousands of people in and around your venue is not easy. You have to be ready for anything, at a moment’s notice. That’s why we are committed to delivering the tools that make your job easier. Rely on Genetec IP security solutions to:
- Receive information and HD video at your fingertips from anywhere.
- Efficiently spot and diffuse incidents by managing all your security systems from a single platform.
- Upgrade and expand your security platform over time as your facilities expand and your needs evolve.
Quickly Address Threats without Disturbing Visitors
Recently, MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ) chose Genetec Omnicast, the video surveillance system of the unified security platform, Security Center, to protect its 82,500-seat stadium. The platform’s open architecture allows stadiums such as MetLife to select cameras with high-definition clarity. Operators can zoom into zones with megapixel cameras, to achieve panoramic views from the bowl, and capture it all at high frame rates (up to 30 fps). Omnicast helps operators to pinpoint and address trouble zones or threats before they escalate into something more.
Reasons Venues Choose Omnicast IP Video Surveillance
- Flexibility to grow your system at your own pace with the latest HD devices.
- Robust system ensures 99.9% system uptime with high-availability features.
- Leverage cloud technology to cost-effectively expand your system.
- Available mobile app to stream video to and from mobile devices in the field.
- Manage devices and alarms from maps to facilitate navigation.
Leverage IP Video Investment for Operational Improvements
Many stadiums, open spaces or cultural venues such as LeMay – America’s Car Museum are maximizing their investments, monitoring lines and crowds to improve service, dealing with after-hour deliveries and onsite disputes of events. IP or cloud-based video systems can also provide another way to remotely view events or exhibits. An example of this is the Panda Cam at the Smithsonian in Washington DC.
System Unification Leads to Improved Response Efficiency
As indicated in a recent blog on museum security, strategy number one in safeguarding million dollar assets was the use of motion detection and trip wire analytics. It’s not just museums, stadiums such as Melbourne Cricket Ground are also merging video with access control, and other systems like:
Sharing security system access through a unique feature called the Federation™ feature, enables better collaboration with law enforcement or local transport agencies for enhanced security during big events. (Be sure to read: 5 Winning Features of IP Security Systems for Large-Scale Venues and Stadiums)
Tighten Control on Personnel-Only or VIP Zones
Standardizing on Synergis, the IP access control system of Security Center, our unified security platform gives you greater flexibility at the door. Watch this short video to get a quick overview of Synergis.
Take a Long-Term Approach to Savings
Synergis is an open solution, meaning this IP access control system doesn’t lock you into any proprietary hardware. More mass venues are making a move away from a closed system and embracing the many cost-saving benefits of Synergis:
- Using the Synergis Cloud Link appliance to choose the access control hardware that suit applications and budgets.
- Preserving existing devices to minimize total cost of ownership and upgrading to newer access control technology over time.
- Installing the latest Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) or wireless devices to minimize cabling and installation costs, or tie-in access control to hard-to-reach doors or buildings.
Unification with Video and Intercom Streamline Alarm Handling
Synergis helps you to easily manage thousands of temporary and permanent employees that work in your venue or stadium. Every badge-to-reader scan provides you with the cardholder’s picture and credentials which is synchronized with video. With Synergis, handling access control events is simplified:
- Access-denied alarms prompt video verification or zone lockdowns.
- Intercom integration with video at the door facilitates two-way audio.
- One-click functionality enables locking the door from a desktop or mobile phone or alerts ground personnel.
Simplify Cardholder Enrollment and Maintenance
Synergis also lets you simplify the cardholder enrollment process with Active Directory Integration to manage user groups and their access privileges. Very granular privileges and rules can be set up to ensure access to your VIP or more sensitive areas are restricted to only those you allow. Automating daily reports improves record keeping and helps you to see who is coming and going from your most sensitive areas.
Identify Trouble-Makers or VIPs and Improve Venue Parking
As each vehicle comes onto your venue grounds, the AutoVu Sharp ALPR cameras will scan license plates and alert you to vehicle license plates in your database. (Suggested read: ANPR with Intelligence) AutoVu also records a log with the license plate number, image of the vehicle, time and date stamp and associated video in the system.
National Exhibition Center (NEC) Equips 42 Lanes with AutoVu ALPR Cameras
The NEC is leveraging the AutoVu ALPR investments for four simultaneous ALPR applications:
- Improved traffic management
- Monitored shuttle bus frequency
- Granted access to pre-booked Express parking areas
- Automatic wanted vehicle identification
According to Paul Austin, Director at Vindex Systems, "The West Midlands Police receives all the number plate reads to their police control room and uses the system to check against hotlists for wanted criminals, stolen vehicles or for general investigations as part of a much wider ANPR network on the public roads and motorways."
Ticketless Parking Improves Guest Experience and Cuts Costs
Facility management departments can also share ALPR system costs to implement more efficient and ticketless license-plate enabled parking.
- Benefits to your guests: register their license plate and pay for parking online, minimizing parking backlogs and improving the overall experience.
- Benefits for your venue: personnel resources are maximized and parking management costs are significantly reduced.
5 Clear-Cut Advantages for Stadiums and Mass Venues
Security Center is the unified platform that helps you manage all your security and business systems. Security Center standardizes common security operations from multiple systems such as monitoring, reporting, alarm management and configuration, and makes all tasks easily accessible via a single intuitive application.
Invest in a reliable and flexible security platform.
Choose Your Hardware
Combine cameras with HD clarity, wide dynamic range, 360-degree views or PoE and wireless door hardware, and add more overtime.
See It All from Parking to Seats
Make faster decisions with video synchronized to cardholder information. Unify other stadium systems like ALPR, intercom, intrusion and more.
Never Miss An Instant
Rely on built-in high-availability features that are designed to ensure continuous system uptime and alert you to potential vulnerabilities.
React with One-Click
Respond to different event conditions or threat levels at the click of a button with pre-programmed system actions.
Make Maintenance Easy
Get in-service upgrades, backward-forward compatibility, and advanced health monitoring features to simplify system up-keep.
Learn how stadiums, museums and conference centers are using Security Center to safeguard their guests and ensure a memorable experience.
Unified security platform ensures enhanced safety in all areas of the stadium, improves crowd-monitoring and facilitates after-the-fact investigations.